Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) for the Kirkton Veterinary Clinic
The Kirkton Veterinary Clinic is a mixed animal practice located in Southwestern Ontario. It is a friendly, fast pace team environment and we are looking to add another full-time RVT to our team.
We offer a full range of bovine and small animal services including: preventative medicine, client education, emergency medicine and surgery, diagnostics, herd health and embryo transfer.
This position encompasses duties in all aspects of the clinic:
Surgery – preparing patients for surgery, scrubbing in to assist surgeries, monitoring patients during procedures and recovery, and following up with owners as to the condition of their pet.
Laboratory – ability to independently complete lab work, including urinalysis, fecals, and bloodwork.
Reception – scheduling appointments, answering client questions, acting as liaison between veterinarians and clients, filling orders, and performing administrative duties.
Appointments – welcoming clients, taking patient histories, prepare prescriptions, discharging patients and client check out.
- Certified Registered Veterinary Technician with a hardworking and outgoing personality
- Strong communication skills are required to develop successful relationships with clients and clinic team members
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well both independently and as a cooperative team member
- Passion for small animal medicine
- Previous clinical experience is an asset.
Why Join Us?
· We are a small, but mighty team, with an energetic and collaborative culture to match!
· Pet Care Spending Account for your pets
· Health Care Spending Account
· Paid sick time
· Two weeks paid vacation
· Regular performance feedback
We are committed to providing a barrier free workplace. If accommodation is required during the selection or interview process, it will be available upon request. This job posting is available in an accessible format upon request.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.